This building at the southern end of the High Street stood where Audit House now stands. The grocers shop was originally owned by the Moore family who were here from the early 1800’s until selling up in 1948. The building was built in the 18th Century and the double fronted shop front was installed sometime around 1900. To the left can be seen the corner of the Police Station which was built in 1938.
This building was replaced by a modern building which retains the ‘eyebrows’ above the windows. The architect purposely retained this feature.