This video was taken as people arrived for the consecration of Christ Church in Perry Street on 11th December 1965.
This new church was a replacement for the wooden mission hut which was erected on this site in 1933. This was an outreach church of the parish of Ingatestone to cater for the new housing in the area. The mission hut was taken down in 1982.
The video has interesting shots of the fashions of 1965 and some nostalgic views of cars of the period.
To read more about Christ Church go to their website