6. No. 53

Harrington's Ironmongers

By Jim Devlin

Photo: Illustrative image for the '6.   No. 53' page

The building in the photograph is 18th century and it was sadly demolished in 1965. Samuel Harrington opened his shop in 1872 and styled himself as a "Grocer & Tea Dealer and a Dealer in General Ironmongery". Before the shop closed in 1965 it had become an Ironmongery shop as can be clearly seen by the goods in the window.

This page was added by Jim Devlin on 05/03/2012.