Billericay Bowls Club

Their home prior to Lake Meadows

Gordon Cook

This picture is of the opening of Billericay Bowls Club at its new site in Mr Taylor's private garden behind Lloyds Bank in 1933. 

The club had originally started in 1929 at a site in Western Road. It closed down for the war reopening in 1948 in Lake Meadows, and is still there today.

More information about the club can be found on their website:

Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Billericay Bowls Club' page
This page was added by Claire Morley on 11/04/2016.